St. Patrick’s Day Family ActivitiesMarch 10th, 2015
License Some rights reserved by EpicFireworks
St. Patrick’s Day Activities For Your Family
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, so I thought I’d give you a couple of suggestions for St. Patrick’s Day activities.
Historically St. Patrick’s Day was only celebrated by the Irish. Now it is celebrated worldwide – celebrating Irish culture with parades, dancing, special foods and a whole lot of green.
Growing up Irish, my family always celebrated St. Patrick’s Day by wearing green. In fact, we often made a point of wearing green most of the month of March. My mom and day would only play Irish music during the month. Of course, there was nothing like marching in the St Patrick’s Day Parade in Chicago with the river dyed green in celebration.
My dad would always tell us stories about his leprechaun. Yes, he did have his own leprechaun that traveled the world. I remember him telling me that whenever I saw a light blinking in an elevator, it was his leprechaun checking up on me.
St. Patrick’s Day Activities:
- Go outside and search for a shamrock or 4 leaf clover.
- Build a St. Patrick Day Snowman.
- Make nameplates for dinner time … decorating them with clovers that you draw.
- Sing or listen to an Irish tune – When Irish Eyes Are Smiling or Danny Boy.
- Interview someone who is Irish.
- Write a story about a leprechaun.
- Do the word activity from the handout below: St. Patrick’s Day word activity